Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Never to Young To Start Training!

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to see that at least some people have come across my blog.  I hope you find it resourceful and fun.  Surfing the web is like exercise - if it is not fun then it feels like work.  That is the same attitude that I try to instill in my kids that exercise should be fun.  My wife and I have instilled these values and healthy lifestyle in them hopefully for a lifetime by exposing them to races, fun times, and laughing a lot.  Don't make the race a serious event that might scare them away, but a fun exciting event that they will want to come back to time and again or even try themselves.  My daughter ran her first race at age 5 (1/4 mile) and then this past fall age 6 (1/2 mile) and had a blast running with her mom in the cold, wind, and rain.  Cookies and hot chocolate at the end of the race also help!!!

So whatever your vice is for exercise make it fun to last a lifetime!!!



Have fun with exercise and let the kids have fun too!!!

"Fitness and Wellness for a Lifetime"
Jonathan Schauss, PT, CSCS

No comments:

Post a Comment